Pacific Lutheran University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by NWCCU indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the NWCCU is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding an institution’s accredited status by NWCCU should be directed to the NWCCU accreditation liaison officer of PLU. Individuals may also contact:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Ave NE, Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
- AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Chemical Society
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET for BS in computer engineering
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET for BS in computer science