The PLU Office of Admissions is open year round, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., for campus visits. Tours and campus visits are also available on Saturdays through the academic year from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
There are several options for a campus visit. You can take a tour of campus, meet with an admissions counselor, sit in a class, meet with a coach, music director or faculty member, go for lunch with a current student in the University Center, you can even stay the night in a residence hall (available Sunday through Thursday nights).
Pacific Lutheran University is located seven miles south of downtown Tacoma Washington, at the intersection of Garfield Street S. and Park Avenue S.
From Interstate 5
- Take exit 127 off Interstate 5 and head east on Highway 512
- Continue on 512 for approximately two miles to Pacific Avenue S. (Parkland-Spanaway exit)
- Turn right (south) on Pacific Avenue S.
- Turn right on 121st
- Near the intersection of 121st and Yakima Street S. are the Administrative offices, including the Office of Admissions, located in the Hauge Administration Building.
Map Quest Directions
Click here to get driving directions to your doorstep.
The following lodging options are within close proximity to PLU.
Airport Shuttle Information
SeaTac International Airport is approximately 45 minutes north of PLU. If you are a prospective student planning to visit, the Admissions Office will send for a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off again at the airport at no cost to you. Please make arrangements with the Office of Admissions at least one week in advance. International Students, please visit the International Admissions site to learn more about lodging and airport information. Students enrolled at PLU who fly home for vacation need to make their own arrangements.
Visit these Web sites for shuttle information.
Call for prices and availability for the following local transport companies:
- Around the Clock Shuttle Service – (253) 539-9299
- Five Star Shuttle Service – (253) 589-9299
- Yellow Cab Taxi Service – (253) 472-3303