Graduate & Certificate Programs
Online Application Instructions
Our online system is intended to make the application process as easy and convenient as possible for you. To get started, please follow these steps:
- Create an account and personal PIN number
Click on the link under “New Applicant” at the right and follow the instructions. You will receive a PIN and password that allows you to return and work on your application over several sessions if needed.
- Complete each section of the application
Carefully read the instructions that appear throughout the application pages. Your information will be kept strictly confidential throughout the submission process.
- Submit your application with payment
Please note that your application will not be forwarded to PLU until you pay the non-refundable $40.00 fee and click the “Submit” button. You will receive a confirmation e-mail. You may pay the $40.00 non-refundable application fee by debit or credit card or by electronic check (using bank routing numbers on your check). Please note that your application will not be processed until the application fee is received (this may take 1-2 business days for credit cards, and 5 business days for electronic check).
- One application, one submission
There is only one application needed for PLU Graduate or Certificate programs. You can submit your application only one time. You may add additional recommenders after the application is submitted, but no other changes will be allowed. If you need to update your application after it’s been submitted, notify the PLU Office of Admission, Graduate Programs immediately. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of recommendation
There are two ways to notify your recommenders to request a letter of recommendation and the appropriate recommendation form:
Ahead of applying online, you may send the following link/s to your recommenders:
MBA Recommendation Online Form/Paper Form
MSF Recommendation Online Form/Paper Form
MFA Recommendation Online Form/Paper Form
MAE Recommendation Online Form/Paper Form
MFT Recommendation Online Form/Paper Form
MSN Recommendation Online Form/Paper Form
As a part of applying for your program online: Once you submit your program application with payment, your recommenders will be notified and prompted to fill out an online recommendation form and attach a letter of recommendation. Your recommenders will not be notified of your request until the application is submitted with payment. If you chose to send your recommenders notification ahead of applying for your program, then you may put in the online program application the recommenders names, but in the email field put "sent link via email." That way they will not get a request from you twice.
- Check your application status with the Activity Log.The Activity Log allows you to see any activity with the application (i.e. forms acknowledged, letters of recommendation received). A link to the Activity Log will be e-mailed to you soon after you submit your online application. Note: the Activity Log will only let you know about application materials submitted via the online application---to check the status of other materials, such as receipt of transcripts, etc., please contact the Office of Admission, Graduate Programs at email@example.com.
Contact Rachel Christopherson, Director of Graduate Admission, 253-535-8570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.