Graduate & Certificate Programs
Online Application Instructions
Our online system is intended to make the application process as easy and convenient as possible for you. To get started, please follow these steps:
- Create an account and personal PIN number
Click on the link under “New Applicant” at the right and follow the instructions. You will receive a PIN and password that allows you to return and work on your application over several sessions if needed.
- Complete each section of the application
Carefully read the instructions that appear throughout the application pages. Your information will be kept strictly confidential throughout the submission process.
- Submit your application with payment
Please note that your application will not be forwarded to PLU until you pay the non-refundable $40.00 fee and click the “Submit” button. You will receive a confirmation e-mail. You may pay the $40.00 non-refundable application fee by debit or credit card or by electronic check (using bank routing numbers on your check). Please note that your application will not be processed until the application fee is received (this may take 1-2 business days for credit cards, and 5 business days for electronic check).
- One application, one submission
There is only one application needed for PLU Graduate or Certificate programs. You can submit your application only one time. You may add additional recommenders after the application is submitted, but no other changes will be allowed. If you need to update your application after it’s been submitted, notify the PLU Office of Admission, Graduate Programs immediately. You may email email@example.com.
- Letters of recommendation
You may submit letters of recommendation in one of two ways:
Recommendation Option 1: Online Submission
We suggest that you use the online recommendation form, as it allows you to: 1) Send your recommendation request ahead of finalizing your application. Once you submit your recommendation request, an email will be sent to your recommender with the appropriate forms and instructions. You may continue to work on your application or add recommenders at a later date; 2) Monitor the progress of the recommendation via the CollegeNet Applicant Activity Portal. You will be able to: a) See if your recommender has started or completed the recommendation form; b) Change your recommenders from one person to another (if an initial recommender is not able to fulfill your request); c) Change your preferences on your right to view the recommendation
Recommendation Option 2: Paper/PDF Submission
To use the paper/pdf recommendation form you must fill out the top part of the form and then give the form to your recommender. Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to ensure that your reference has submitted his/her recommendation in a timely manner.
MAE or Alt. Routes Recommendation
DNP or MSN Recommendation
- Check your application status with the Activity Log.The Activity Log allows you to see any activity with the application (i.e. forms acknowledged, letters of recommendation received). A link to the Activity Log will be e-mailed to you soon after you submit your online application. Note: the Activity Log will only let you know about application materials submitted via the online application---to check the status of other materials, such as receipt of transcripts, etc., please contact Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Director of Graduate Admission, 253-535-8570 or email@example.com.