East Campus tenants have keys, PIN #, key card, & ID card options for their employees. Short Guidelines and Contact Sheet
Requesting Keys, ID Cards, Key Cards, & PINS
- Building hours are 8am-6pm, therefore, most tenants need only an office suite key. For those who will regularly enter the building before 7:30am and after 6pm, a key card (PLU ID card with access privileges activated) will be needed to unlock entrance doors.
- A PLU ID card is first needed to gain key card access. Supervisors make an ID card request online before starting Step 3, to request key card privileges for your employee.
- Supervisors request keys and key card privilieges for you and your employees online at Access. Find room numbers here.
- Tip: All information must be provided on the web forms. If you don't get an immediate email/web confirmation, the online form didn't work. You need to email your request to email@example.com.
- You will receive an email notice when your keys/cards are ready to pickup. If you don't receive notice in 5 days, contact LuteCard Services.
- Pickup and Return keys and ID cards to Concierge Desk at PLU during service hours (usually 7am-1am).
IMMEDIATELY REPORT TERMINATED ACCESS, LOST or STOLEN KEYS AND CARDS AT WWW.PLU.EDU/ACCESS.
firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 253-535-7411
Responsibilities of Key and Card Holders
Key or card holders must:
- Comply with all building access policies and procedures
- Secure all doors immediately upon entry of a locked building
- Never loan a key or card to someone not registered as the key or card holder
- Prevent other individuals from entering space for which they are not approved (i.e., tailgating in behind someone passing through a locked entry)
- Not duplicate a key or card
- Protect PLU keys and cards from theft and loss
- Notify immediately of loss or thefts or security risks and terminated employees
- Return keys and/or cards immediately at end of employment term or change in employment terms or location (e.g., transfer to a different unit, change of responsibilities)
- Accept full responsibility for returning keys and cards to Concierge Desk
- Pay recore fees for lost or unreturned keys or cards
Responsibilities of Departments
Departments who authorize access must:
- Participate in key and card audits in cooperation with Access Operations
- Notify Access Operations when access privileges for employees change
- Notify Access Operations when keys or cards are lost or stolen
- Pay for the cost of rekeying, recoring, and replacement keys for keys or cards that are lost or unreturned