TRAVELING ON PLU BUSINESS
RENTING A CAR
- Rent a car in the name of PLU.
- Use a PLU credit card if possible.
- In foreign countries purchase insurance through the rental company. Do NOT purchase when renting a car in the US or Canada.
- Carry this card with you while driving rental vehicles in case of an accident.
- ALWAYS check for pre-existing damage to the rental vehicle before leaving the lot.
- In the event of an accident, follow the accident reporting instructions provided below.
- Full name
- Drivers license number
- Driver's phone number and address
- Insurance company name and phone number
- Insurance policy and name of insured
TRAVELING IN YOUR PERSONAL VEHICLE
Make sure your auto insurance is current. Unfortunately, the insurance industry requires that the insurance follows the car - in other words - your own insurance is primary. In some instances, PLU's insurance provides secondary coverage for approved business travel.
In the event of an accident, notify your own insurance company and then follow the accident reporting instructions below.
TRAVELING IN A PLU VEHICLE
While driving a PLU owned vehicle or rental vehicle, PLU's insurance company provides coverage for vehicle accidents.
In the event of an accident, follow the accident reporting instruction below.
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A VEHICLE ACCIDENT (OR CRISIS) WHILE ON PLU BUSINESS
1: Always call the police to the scene of the accident.Request they record a report for PLU.
Obtain the following information from the other driver:
2: Give the other driver and police this information:
NEVER give the other driver YOUR home address and phone; substitute the PLU Campus Safety Phone:
(253) 535-7441 and PLU address: PLU, Finance and Operations Office, Tacoma, WA 98447
PLU insurance company and phone number: Travelers Insurance 1-800-832-7839
PLU insurance policy number: TC2J-CAP-230T5861
3: Always call Campus Safety immediately to report the accident.
Be prepared to provide details and a description of the accident. Campus Safety will assist with any campus related notifications to include notifying the Risk Manager.