Payment and Appeals
Payment of Parking Tickets
- Please present the parking ticket and make payment at the Concierge in the University Center.
- You can also pay for your parking ticket online by clicking https://www.permitsales.net/PLU
- Payments may be made with cash, bank/credit card, check, or LuteBuck$.
- Payment of the parking ticket fine before the end of the next business day results in the fine being reduced by 50% with the exception of disabled and carpool space violations. These fines are not reducible.
- Payment after one business day but less than 10 business days results in the assessed fine being charged.
- After 10 business days, payment or billing of parking ticket fines will have a $10.00 administrative fee included.
- Students: Unpaid fines will be assessed to student accounts.
- Employees: Unpaid fines will be directed to Payroll for payroll deduction. Unregistered vehicles parked in university parking lots with unresolved fines are subject to impound.
- If Campus Safety has to determine ownership of an unregistered vehicle, the cost of the inquiry ($20) is added to the fine assessed on the ticket.
Appealing Parking Tickets
You have the right to appeal a PLU parking ticket to the Parking Ticket Appeals Committee. The appeals form is accessed via the permit registration website located here. Under the link titled Manage Citations you find the appeals form.
- Appeal forms must be completed within 7 days of the ticket issue date.
- Failure to appeal within the allotted time results in loss of the right to appeal.
- Tickets that are submitted for appeal are not eligible for the next business day 50% off reduction.
- If your ticket is downgraded or rejected by the Appeals Board and you do not pay the ticket by the date given, it will be billed to your student account for the original price of the ticket plus a $10 admin fee.
- Student tickets and Employee tickets will no longer be voided out at the Campus Safety office. You will need to submit an Appeal request. It will then be up to the Appeals Board to review the request.
|Failure to Register for Permit -Vehicle is not registered with PLU Campus Safety and parked in a PLU lot.||$80|
|Failure to Display Permit - Vehicle is registered but not displaying a decal while parked in a PLU lot.||$30|
|Improperly Placed Permit - Permit is not located in the lower left hand side of the front windshield.||$20|
|Multiple Permits Displayed - Vehicle has more then one decal in the lower left hand corner of front windshield. Only allowed to have the current year permit displayed.||$20|
|Parked in unauthorized lot - Parking in a lot that is not approved for the vehicle's decal.||$40|
|Non-Space - Vehicle is parked in an area that is not an designated parking space.||$40|
|Seeded Area - Vehicle is parked in a seeded / grass area.||$40|
|Parked in Handicapped Space with out appropriate documentation - Vehicle is parked in a marked handicap space with no valid placard.||$100|
|Parked in a Carpool space without required carpool pass.||$60|
|Time Limited Expired on Timed Space.||$40|
The registered owner or associated student/staff member is responsible for any tickets issued to a vehicle, regardless of who was operating the vehicle when the violation occurred.
Washington State and Pierce County tickets:
Campus Safety is authorized and commissioned by the local Sheriff’s Department to write tickets that are adjudicated through Pierce County District Court #1 (referred to by PLU Campus Safety as “County tickets”) within the vicinity of the University. These tickets cannot be appealed at PLU through Campus Safety. All inquiries must be directed to Pierce County District Court as explained on the back of the infraction. The RCW’s (Revised Code of Washington) pertaining to parking on county roads can be found here: 46.61.560 – 46.61.590. Parking regulations enacted by Pierce County through the Pierce County Code can be found here: PCC Title 10.
|Parking in a disabled space without a disabled permit.||$450|
|Parking on a roadway.||$30|
|Parking on the street side of a parked vehicle (double parking).||$20|
|Parking on a sidewalk or street planting strip.||$20|
|Parking on, or within 20 feet of, a crosswalk.||$20|
|Parking in front of, or within 5 feet of, a public or private driveway.||$20|
|Parking in front of, or within 15 feet of, a fire hydrant.||$20|
|Parking in front of, or within 30 feet of, a stop sign, flashing signal, or other traffic control device.||$20|
|Parking where official signs prohibit parking or stopping, standing or parking.||$20|
|Parking within a intersection or blocking the view of other traffic at an intersection.||$20|
|Parking with right-side wheel(s) more the 12 inches from the curb or failing to parallel park, unless otherwise posted.||$20|
|Parking opposite the flow of traffic on a two way road.||$20|
|Parking for over 2 hours in a marked 2 hour zone (Pierce County Code violation).||$20|
Curb Color Codes
|Red||Fire Lane, no parking any time|
|Yellow||Loading Zone, temporary parking for actively loading/unloading only|
|Blue||Disabled Parking, state permit required|