Prepare to Succeed
Thinking about doing an academic internship? Internships are professionally related work experiences grounded in academic learning objectives. Incorporating an internship in your PLU experience is a good idea for a lot of reasons. By providing the chance to learn outside the classroom, internships offer the chance to "try on" your academic and career interests to see how they fit. They also offer one of the best opportunities to network and set yourself up for future job opportunities.
Internships can help you:
- Determine if the career field you're interested in pursuing is a good fit
- Hone your career exploration process
- Make valuable connections in your field and find out what they really look for in candidates and new hires
- Gain real-world experience with an employer or organization in a career field in which you are interested
- Build your confidence and develop your professional skills
- Accelerate your career
- Land a job offer at graduation
Still not convinced to pursue an internship opportunity? Did you know more organizations are using internships as a recruiting tool for hiring positions? Internship hiring is on the rise. And new graduates who participated in an internship program are more likely to have received a job offer than their peers who decided to forgo the experience. Not only that, but jobs developing from internships often generate higher starting salaries.
Get started early! Finding the right internship can take time, but we are here to help you succeed. Click here to start planning for a successful internship experience.