Follow us online:
What is a strength? How is it different from a skill?
According to Dependable Strengths, a strength is " . . . each person's special talent for excellence."
In other words . . .
Where do you spend your energy?
Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses.
- Marilyn vos Savant
- talent a natural ability to do something well that can be developed by training
- gift a natural ability, especially an artistic ability, or a social skill
- aptitude a natural tendency to do something well, especially one that can be further developed
- flair a natural ability to do something well, especially creative or artistic ability
- knack a particular skill, especially one that might be innate or intuitive and therefore difficult to teach
- genius exceptional intellectual or creative ability
-Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] ©
What are my strengths?
It’s useful to know your strengths when deciding on your career direction. How do you get started in identifying your strengths?
- Complete a strengths reflection exercise. This will help you to look back at your experiences from the perspective of identifying strengths.