Total Hours Required for Degree
36 to 40 semester hours, with 36 required for graduation
12 to 16 semester hours
- ECON 503: Economics for Finance (4)
- BMSF 505: Financial Econometrics (4)
- BMSF 512: Financial Accounting: Reporting and Analysis I (4)
- BMSF 514: Foundations of Finance (4)
- Note: Students with undergraduate majors in accounting, economics, or finance may be able to waive one of ECON 503, BMSF 512 or 514, respectively.
4 semester hours
Students may select from a rotation in which one of three courses will be taught or elect to complete a credit-bearing internship.
- ECON 516: International Economics (4)
- BMSF 518: Financial Accounting: Reporting and Analysis II (4)
- BMSF 530: Financial Markets, Institutions, and Intermediaries (4)
- BMSF 595: Internship (4)
16 semester hours
- BMSF 507: Mathematical and Stochastic Foundations for Finance (4)
- BMSF 532: Valuation, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Alternatives (4)
- BMSF 534: Portfolio Theory and Management (4)
- BMSF 536: Advanced Corporate Finance (4)
2 to 6 semester hours
Classes will be scheduled concurrently and begin after the Level II CFA exam in early June and end in July.
- BMSF 538: Risk Management (2)
- BMSF 599: Capstone: Integration and Graduate Research in Finance (2 or 4)
- Note: Students may complete BMSF 538 and a 2-hour capstone or they may complete a 4-hour capstone.