Thursdays, September 12– December 14, 2013, 5:30pm – 8:30 pm
This course provides you with pharmacokinetic basics for pharmacotherapeutic management of simple and complex disease processes. This course meets requirements for initial prescriptive authority in the State of Washington.
- Build on the fundamentals of pharmacology: pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacogenetics, and ethnopharmacology.
- Discuss drug interactions, allergies and adverse drug reactions to minimize risk.
- Study specific pharmacotherapeutic treatment of selected diseases, with focus on pharmacodynamics of selected drug classes.
- Introduce updated evidence-based guidelines for drug therapy and prescribing practices.
- Discuss legal requirements for writing prescriptions.
- Evaluate the pharmacoeconomic impact of prescribing decisions.
Presenter: Andrea Bishop, PharmD, BCACP, CDE
Fee: $679.00 Contact Hours: 37.5