Join the Surgical Team
One of the fastest growing areas in healthcare is ambulatory surgery. This has fueled an increased demand for perioperative nurses. If you have dreamed of a new challenging career in an operative setting, this program is for you. You will receive theory content and clinical experience in a concentrated one month course. Call 253-535-7683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Information Session: There will be an informational session discussing details about the course at Pacific Lutheran University. The course instructor will attend as well as past registrants-come with any questions you might have!
Class Information: Class will be held Monday-Friday, June 1 – June 26, 2015, 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Discuss the history of surgery.
- Apply the nursing process in the perioperative arena.
- Recognize the role of the professional nurse in various areas of the perioperative arena.
- Delineate the impact of surgical intervention on the total nursing needs of the patients and their families.
- Demonstrate the nurse’s role as a member of the operating room team.
- Implement skills in the nursing care of the perioperative client.
- Explain aspects of patient care in the pre-operative, intra-operative, post-operative and discharge phase.
- Apply skills in the nursing care of the patient in the immediate post-anesthesia phase of care.