Can be purchased or renewed at Campus Concierge. Cost to employees is only $24.24 for fiscal year 2014-15 (June-May). A valid PLU ID card is required at the time of purchase or renewal.
Employee Transit Benefit Policy
Revised January 2009; Revised June 2010
Pacific Lutheran University supports sustainability initiatives - and efforts to get its employees onto mass transit by subsidizing the cost of an annual transit pass via a PLU ORCA card for all PLU employees with benefits. Employees pay a small portion of the cost of the annual pass each year with the majority of the cost paid for by the university.
The PLU ORCA card is valid on regularly scheduled transportation on Pierce Transit, Metro Transit, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Seattle Streetcar, King County Water Taxi, and Kitsap Transit Foot Ferry.
There is no trip limit; however, the card is for the employee's transportation use only. Travel on the card can be work or non-work related.
ORCA cards can be purchased at Campus Concierge. The cards are valid June through May and can be renewed at Campus Concierge each year. A valid PLU ID card is required at the time of purchase or renewal.
ORCA CARDHOLDER RULES OF USE - FACULTY & STAFF
June 2014 - May 2015
You must have a valid PLU ID card with you in order to receive a PLU ORCA Card.
As a PLU ORCA Cardholder, I agree to the following:
1. I will use my PLU ORCA Card for my own transportation only. I will not sell or transfer my PLU ORCA Card to another person. I understand that my PLU ORCA Card and any products will be blocked from further use if I misuse this benefit.
2. I will keep my PLU ORCA Card secure and in good condition, and I will immediately report a lost, stolen, or damaged PLU ORCA Card to Human Resources. I understand a lost PLU ORCA Card will be replaced only once per year at a charge of $20.00. A defective PLU ORCA Card will be replaced free of charge, contact Human Resources.
3. I understand that no refunds will be issued, and any ORCA Products I load onto my PLU ORCA Card become the property of PLU, and any unused products will not be refunded.
4. I will return my assigned PLU ORCA Card upon request or when I leave my employment or otherwise no longer meet PLU's eligibility requirements. If I do not return my PLU ORCA Card, I understand that it may be blocked for further use. I understand that if my employment ends at PLU, my PLU ORCA Card benefits will end on my last day of employment.
5. I understand that the PLU ORCA Card is valid for the following services provided by PLU:
A. 100% of fares on regularly scheduled transportation on Pierce Transit, Metro Transit, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Seattle Streetcar, King County Water Taxi, and Kitsap Transit Foot Ferry.
B. 100% of vanpool and $35.00 of vanshare fares on vanpool services provided by Community Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit and Pierce Transit.
6. I understand that the PLU ORCA Card is not valid fare payment on transportation services not specificied in Section 5 and I am responsible for paying additional fares required for services not covered, or not fully covered, by my PLU provided benefits.
7. I understand the ORCA system will record data each time I use my PLU ORCA Card. Data will include the date, time and location of the card when it is presented. I understand this data is owned by the transit agencies and is accessible to PLU.
8. I understand that the ORCA card must be "tapped" on a card reader to show proof of fare payment or issuance of a valid fare. Merely showing the ORCA card on a bus, train, ferry or light rail vehicle does not constitute proof of fare payment or issuance of valid fare. I will be subject to a fine if the ORCA Card is not "tapped," and I understand I will be personally responsible for any fines that may be imposed.
9. I understand that for the correct fare to be recorded, I must "tap" off on a card reader when exiting some transit systems. For example, I must "tap" off when exiting from a Sounder train, Link light rail.
10. I agree to pay the employee portion of $24.24 toward my PLU ORCA Card, valid June 1, 2014 through May 31, 2015.
11. I agree to pay a $20.00 replacement card fee if I lose my PLU ORCA Card.
I understand and agree to the terms stated above on using the PLU ORCA Card. I understand that PLU reserves the right to change or update these policies at any time.