Commuter and Transfer Student Connections is committed to providing programs and services that support the academic and social success of commuter, transfer, and veteran students at PLU.
Commuter & Transfer Students at PLU
Commuter Student -often used to describe a student who lives off campus with their family, the term also includes ALL students who live off campus near or far. Commuter Students at PLU travel to campus from as near as across the street from campus and as far as Seattle. These students commute by car, walking, biking, bus, and carpooling.
- 63.1% of all PLU students live off campus
- 21.3% of First year students are commuters
- 72% of Transfer Students are commuters
Transfer Students - refers to any student brining post high school college credit to PLU. Students transfer to PLU from 2-year, 4-year, technical, and international colleges.
- 18.9% of PLU students are Transfer Students
- 236 new Transfer Students in Fall 2013
- 64 Transfer Students in Spring 2014
- 18% of Transfer students live on campus
Veteran Students - PLU students who have served or are currently serving in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and/or Cost Guard
- 125+ Student Veterans at PLU
*Unless otherwise indicated, the demographic numbers presented are from Fall 2013