Positions Available (10)
Kreidler (3-5) –Will develop and foster a community for Junior and Senior, Commuter, Transfer, and Veteran Students. Each Community Advocate will create and implement 2-3 programs per semester that intentionally connect students to campus resources and traditions, develop a lounge community, support their success and wellbeing, and are specific to the interests and needs of Junior and Senior, Commuters, Transfers, and Veterans.
The CAVE (3-5) – Will develop and foster community for First and Second year commuter students. Each Community Advocate will create and implement 2-3 programs per semester that intentionally connect students to campus resources and traditions, develop a lounge community, support their success and wellbeing, and are specific to the interests and needs of First and Second year students.
Transfer Student Connections (1) – This Community Advocate will be responsible for developing 2-3 programs per semester aimed at assisting in their transition to PLU. This person will also coordinate Spring 2015 New Student Orientation. This person will need to be able available during J-Term 2015.
Marketing and Communications (1-2)- This Community Advocate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the marketing and communications for the CAVE and Kreidler program. This includes writing a bi-monthly newsletter, managing social media sites and websites, and developing program marketing materials.
Diversity and Social Justice (1-2)- This Community Advocate will be responsible for developing (2-3) programs and opportunities in the lounges for students to engage in topics around diversity and social justice. This person will make connections and collaborate with other diversity and social justice student leaders on campus.
First Year Connections (1) – This Community Advocate will be responsible for coordinating programing as it relates to First Year students. This person will coordinate Commuter Student sessions at Fall New Student Orientation (Commuter Student Welcome, Sound Off), Commuter Student participation in Explore, MAPworks, and Emerging Leaders.
Community Advocates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Full time enrollment in PLU courses for the 2014-2015 academic year
- 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA and good disciplinary standing
- Self motivation and team orientation
- An interest and understanding of working with commuter, transfer, and veteran students
- Curiosity to continue their own leadership development
- Appreciation and respect for the diversity within our community
- Organization, efficiency, punctuality and flexibility, and excellent communication skills
- 8-10 hours per week in the Lounge paid at the WA state minimum wage
- Participate in weekly Community Advocate staff meetings
- Participate in Student Leadership Institute August 27- August 29, 2014
- Participate in Community Advocate Training date TBD
- Participate in commuter and transfer new student orientation events September 4 – September 7, 2014
- Submit your application and resume on the Career Opportunities Board
- Complete the supplemental questions here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17LDmtlQ-kXFOmmI2wE_ZOkOQzLe2wQquul2ejqVFJZo/viewform
If you have questions about the Kreidler and CAVE Community Advocate position please contact Nicole Juliano at email@example.com (253)535-7498.