Cardholder Responsibilities: Lutecards are the property of Pacific Lutheran University and it is your responsibility to ensure that the lutecard is properly taken care of and is in good and working condition at all times. You may not alter or deface your lutecard in any manner; this includes punching holes or attaching stickers to the lutecard.
Lutecards and the privileges they support, including meal plans, declining balances, and building access, are not transferable. Under no circumstances are you to provide your lutecard to another individual for any purpose.
If your card is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to report it immediately to the Campus Concierge at 253-535-7411 or Campus Safety at 253-535-7441.
PLU is not liable for damages or losses due to unreported lost or stolen lutecards. Lost cards may result in a security risk. Not reporting a lost card immediately may result in the student being referred to the Student conduct System and /or employee being referred to Human Resources.
Invalid cards: When a card is replaced the missing card is reported lost. Attempting to use the card previously reported lost will result in confiscation of the card. Cards are also reported lost when students graduate or withdraw from the university. This prevents the cards from being used as if they were valid.
Using someone else's card: If someone attempts to use another person’s card, the card will be confiscated and coded as lost. The card holder will need to purchase a new card. Using another person’s card is considered misuse of university property and may result in disciplinary action. Further explanation can be found in the Student Handbook.
Damaged Cards: A card may be confiscated if the information (including the picture) is no longer recognizable, or if the card has been damaged, making it difficult to use. The need to confiscate a card is left to the discretion of cashiers. There is a fee to replace a damaged card as well as a fee to replace a lost card.
What if I lose my Lutecard? Until the card is reported lost, card balances and buildings can be accessed by anyone. Report the loss to Concierge Services immediately so that we can deactivate it to protect your Dining Dollars and Lutebucks and building security. As soon as a card is reported lost, it is turned off and no longer usable. You are liable until you report the card lost and it can be turned off. Once you report it, your money and building is safe. You have the option to continue searching for your lost ID or purchase a new card. If you wish to continue looking for your Lutecard, you may purchase a 7 day temporary ID card. After you find your lost ID card we would be happy to reactivate it for you at no charge, just bring it to the Concierge desk. *Only your most current card may be reactivated, we are not able to reactivate cards that have already been replaced.
Walk-UP or Phone Concierge at (253) 535-7411.
Complete an Online Form www.plu.edu/concierge
Call Campus Safety & Information (253)535-7441 (both are available 24/7).
- Lutebucks are refundable but not transferable to another person’s card
- Cash withdrawals are not authorized
- Deposits are usually available immediately. Lutebucks purchased with foreign and/or out-of-state checks may be held until the check clears the bank
- The card holder may request a statement of transactions online at request a statement.
- Merchandise will be accepted for return according to the refund policy of each establishment. Cash refunds will not be given for returned merchandise. A credit will be made to the card holder's account within one working day after receiving an approved request.
- All transactions debited through the use of a LuteCard are final at the point and time of sale. The card holder is responsible for verifying the amount of each card transaction. It is the card holder's responsibility to keep receipts of their purchases as verification for spending.
- Returned checks are subject to all check collection procedures of the University
- The card holder is responsible for immediately reporting a lost or stolen LuteCard. Pacific Lutheran University is not liable for damages due to lost or stolen cards.
- Cards can be reported lost online or by calling the Concierge at 253-535-7411 or Campus Safety at 253-535-7441
- The terms of this agreement begin when the card holder purchases Lutebucks. This agreement expires only upon graduation, formal withdrawal from the university or termination of employment from PLU. Any balance remaining on account at the expiration of this agreement will be refunded with a written request at the Concierge Services. Evidence of graduation, formal withdrawal from the university, or termination of employment must be submitted at the time of the refund request. Refund checks will be mailed within 30 days after receiving such request, and will be sent to the address provided at the time the refund is requested.
- The LuteCard and all associated forms, records and transcripts are the property of Pacific Lutheran University. Use of the card may be revoked at any time.
- The card holder agrees to abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures specified by Pacific Lutheran University. Violations of such rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures may result in cancellation of a card holder's account and/or referral to the PLU Conduct System.
- Future changes in the terms and conditions regulating use of this card will apply to all cards in circulation and use at that time, they will supersede all previous terms and conditions.