Representative Job Description
- Attend the Annual Meeting of the Members of the Corporation held every September on the PLU campus.
- Represent the church to PLU and PLU to the church, serving as an advocate for the university at the cluster/conference and synod level.
- Serve as an ambassador for PLU by telling the PLU story to area ELCA congregations (e.g. PLU Sunday).
- Assist in the recruitment of students from our Lutheran congregations, use the Lute Recruit form to let us know about students.
- Help educate congregations about financial support available to upcoming confirmands who attend PLU.
- Help promote PLU events in your local area, and when possible provide assistance.
- Be a "sounding board" for PLU to share ideas and concerns with the PLU Office of Congregation Relations regarding how PLU can maintain a strong relationship with and be of service to the Lutheran congregations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Offer prayer and financial support for the university.
Qualifications for service as a Representative
- A deep concern for spiritual and educational values
- A concern for the well-being of the entire institution
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the preservation of an independent, church related university.
- A willingness and ability to speak or communicate in a positive way on behalf of the university.
- A willingness and ability to attend the annual corporation meeting.