Small Project Approval Form
Each fiscal year, the Board of Regents for Pacific Lutheran University approve projects to be funded under the Capital Project fund code. All projects that are not considered repair and maintenance and have not been approved for funding through this code will be coordinated through Construction Management Office. Construction Management has created the Small Projects Approval Form to coordinate these small projects. This from is used for projects that are funded by individual departments using specific department fund codes.
In order to facilitate the process, completion of the Small Projects Approval Form is required. PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE A WORK ORDER. (Work orders are only used to coordinate repair and maintenance tasks completed by PLU staff/student employees). The Small Projects Approval Form is an important document that PLU will refer to once the project is completed (and invoiced by vendor) to delineate the financial responsibilities and obligations.
It is recommended that the process of completing this form begin with a conversation between the person making the project request and the director, dean, department chair, and/or vice president to develop a specific statement of work (a complete description of what is requested in this project).
Steps in the process:
- Statement of Work established with budget head input
- Completion Section A on the "Small Projects Approval Form" downloaded from the Documents and Forms section of the Construction Management website at plu.edu/construction.
- Forward a PDF copy of the form to Construction Management at email@example.com.
- Construction Management will provide cost information, clarify any questions regarding requested work and return a PDF copy of the form back to you to complete this information in Section B.
- Section C is completed with the signatures of the department chair, Dean, and Provost or Vice President.
- Original form is returned to the Construction Management team for review, signature and routing to Office of Finance and Operations for vice President approval.
- Upon approval by Vice President of Finance and Operations, project work is scheduled with contractor/vendor.
- Vendor will forward invoice to Construction Management for approval and processing to Business Office.
- PDF copy of invoice is sent to Department Chair for budgeting files/records.