Linux Systems Administrator
6 - 12 month contract:
Position to be filled immediately
This position is only open to US citizens, and is in support of a complex environment consisting of Linux servers, NAS/SAN storage, Oracle DB, etc. SA's will design, build and provide 24x7 support to 600+ servers. Responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Installs, administers, and maintains as directed delivery systems hardware and software for a Linux based distributed computing environment.
- Provides computing hardware and system software problem resolution, capacity and performance analysis, configuration and change planning and execution; and storage and security administration.
- Coordinates with end users or representatives, systems designers, systems integrators, and suppliers and vendors.
- Installs infrastructure and maintains availability, functionality, and performance of Distributed Server and Storage delivery systems software, hardware, and interface components.
- Provides system management.
- Coordinates users requirements with delivery systems.
- Maintains delivery systems availability, functionality, and performance for multiple systems.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware, software, and basic network problems. Applies appropriate security measures.
- Tests new processes and tools to maintain the delivery systems. System Administrator will be familiar with infrastructure (hardware and software) as obtained from the OEM/vendor.
For further questions, please contact Paul Badger, with The Computer Merchant, at 1-800-617-6172 or email@example.com. You can also visit their website, www.tcml.com. It will help you learn more about the company.