Catholic Health Initiatives
Entry Level EMR Application Analyst
We’re looking for individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. As an Epic Project Team member, you will help shape the future of health care delivery by building, optimizing, implementing and maintaining a state-of-the-art electronic medical record system at one of our affiliated hospitals. You will be bridging the gap between two of today's most dynamic industries— healthcare and IT—by providing CHI caregivers and staff the tools they need to deliver streamlined, patient-centric care. Your key functions follow:
• Assist in implementing, upgrading and supporting application systems.
• Assist with testing systems and applications before implementation into production.
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving reported system and application problems in the test and production environments.
• Assist in documenting processes and procedures relating to current and future systems environments.
• Assist in training and educating users on system functionality and capability.
• Implements, upgrades and supports application systems.
• Assures that all systems are fully tested before implementation into production.
• Troubleshoots and resolves reported system and application problems in the test and production environments.
• Documents and describes process and procedures relating to current and future systems environments.
• Trains and educates users on system functionality and capability.
• Obtain and maintain Epic certification in assigned application module (s).
• Provides Level 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues, maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation & change control procedures.
• Provides leadership and support to super-user groups.
• Supports standardization of documentation and the integration of applicable standards and practices.
• Evaluates IT application updates and revisions and may participate in testing.
• Provides support for applications and coordinates with the appropriate teams.
• Coordinates planning for installations of maintenance releases with Application Solution Architect, Application Developers, and Technical Analysts.
• Provides documentation and delivery of training on assigned applications.
• Interacts with business teams to develop application requirements and deployment plans.
• Participates in coordinating installation of application changes.
• Installs maintenance patches and software upgrades.
• Ensures new installations will integrate with the current application and data technical environment.
• Completes assigned tasks as per defined project scope, timelines, and budgets for implementations. Works to prescribed methodologies for all project implementations. May work on multiple implementations at any given time.
• Participates in coordinating the transition from implementation to production and application support.
• Develops reports, scripts and forms according to required specifications
• Documents business and system processes and procedures through the use of industry standard process flow and flow
• Provides documentation on the application systems environment.
• Develops application back-up and recovery procedures.
• Participates in the development with Vendors and the MBOs of detailed interface and program specifications.
• May require on-call coverage responsibilities.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or may substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiar with care processes and their integration with other departments inside and out of the hospital such as ED, Surgery,
lab, imaging, pharmacy, and transitions of care to other facilities or levels of services.
• Detailed knowledge of the area for which they are responsible (ED, Surgery, ICU, etc.).
• Familiar with physician workflow, clinical content, outcomes management and patient experiences within the organization.
• Technical knowledge with Product/Vendor Analysis, software support and training programs.
• Knowledge of systems and application development.
• Experience with report development tools.
• Experience with implementation of application software packages/custom applications.
• Knowledge of the application of computer technology within healthcare preferred.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Works with IT staff to develop/integrate documentation requirements.
• Works with other Application Analysts, Application Solution Architects, Application Developers and Technical Analysts on coordinating installation of maintenance releases.
• Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
• Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Interested candidates must submit applications by visiting http://www.catholichealth.net/find-a-job and searching for Requisition Number
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.