Teaching Assistant for AP Computer Science
Amplify, a K-12 education technology company, is building a new Advanced Placement Computer Science MOOC for high school students for this upcoming 2013–2014 school year. This MOOC is a complete College Board-approved AP Computer Science high school course and includes all course materials. It will be free and available online in the hopes of giving students across the country (and world!) access to a free college-level computer science course who otherwise would not have the access. Students will watch video lectures, complete online assessments, and participate in a discussion forum.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to help support MOOC students for the school year. This is a part-time position, approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Participate in the student online discussion forum and answer questions related to the course content
- Monitor the discussion board and remove/flag inappropriate messages and users
- Participate in an online discussion forum for teachers and answer questions related to course content
- Hold at least one "Office Hour" via video chat with students per month
- Participate in periodic conference calls with course instructor and Amplify
- Junior or Senior majoring in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Passion for tutoring or mentoring other students
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable access to a computer with Internet
- Former AP Computer Science student a plus!
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Emily Grad at firstname.lastname@example.org.