Qualified Hardware Design Intern
Apply now for 2014 internship:
January 13 to August 15
According to the Daktronics website, the company is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. The company sells, designs, manufactures, and services a variety of display products that breakdown into five business units: Live Events, Schools and Theatres, Commercial, Transportation, and International. Daktronics offers a very well organized and valuable internship.
Primary responsibilities for this internship to help develop the next generation of Intelligent Transportation Systems are as follows:
1. Prototype and verify new designs.
2. Test and troubleshoot existing designs.
3. Design and implement test fixtures and procedures.
4. Documentation to support designs, fixtures and procedures.
5. Perform customer service functions.
6. Work with little supervision. Complete quality work in a timely manner. Communicate effectively.
7. Work as an effective team member.
8. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Follow Company guidelines and policies.
9. Perform other projects and duties as needed to meet customer expectations.
Requirements are as follows:
1. Student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering Degree.
2. Required to take a semester off from classes-Internship runs January 13, 2014 through August 15, 2014. Work through the Cooperative Education/Internship Program at accredited university and Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this 7 month internship.
3. Dedication and desire for quality performance.
4. Ability to communicate well with others via written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to work with odors.
6. Planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
7. Background check may be conducted.
8. Fluent in English both written and verbal.
9. Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver's license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
10. Required GPA of 3.0 or greater.
11. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
This internship is located in Brookings, South Dakota. Qualified interns are eligible to receive a housing stipend and tuition reimbursement for internship credit during the qualified internship period. For further information, refer to the related Daktronics internship link.