The Thrivent Choice program lets members recommend where some of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans' charitable outreach funds. By designating your dollars to PLU, Thrivent Financial will support the PLU Annual Fund.
Amount of Choice Dollars Designated to You
- $2.30 Choice Dollars per $100 of annual premium on qualifying insurance products is designated monthly based upon the premium payments you made in the prior month.
- $1.15 Choice Dollars per $1,000 of contract value of qualifying products is designated on a quarterly basis. 25% of this amount will be designated to you each calendar quarter based upon the actual contract value at the end of quarter.
- $25 Choice Dollars for Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership positions is designated once each year.
- Choice Dollar amounts range from $25 to $2,500 for eligible members.
Choice Dollars Expiration Date
Choice Dollars designated during the calendar year can be directed until March 31 of the following year. For example, you can direct Choice Dollars designated to you in 2012 until March 31, 2013.
Directing Designated Choice Dollars
- You can direct Choice Dollars to as many organizations as you like. However, you must direct a minimum of $5 Choice Dollars to each organization.
- Thrivent Financial will distribute Choice Dollars funds directed by members to organizations monthly.
Want to automatically direct your 2012 designated Choice Dollars to the same organization? Set up a recurring direction.
- Choice Dollars will be automatically directed to PLU when the balance reaches $10 Choice Dollars or more. At year-end, the entire balance will be distributed, including balances of less than $10 Choice Dollars.
- The process remains in effect for 2012 unless you change or remove this option. You will receive a reminder email prior to funds being distributed.
- You may only set a recurring direction for one organization.
- This option is available for 2012 only.