To create a new Maps widget you must first select the parent folder (We recommend adding it to maps in the widgets folder). Then head to the "New" dropdown menu in the upper left and select Widgets>>Maps. This will create a new Maps widget in the selected parent folder. Select your new Maps widget page and select "edit", you may now configure your new widget.
See the Form Fields section to see what each field corresponds to. You are given several options to customize the look of your Map widget, among those are basic configurations such as width and height but there are also settings such as Map Center which allow you to specify where the map will center on the campus map overlay (Currently there are only PLU buildings). Pin (Red pin), Legend (Color coded areas), Links (Print and directions), Zoom, and Pan are all settings applied to the map itself. The Map Page can link a Cascade page to your Map widget.
- You may set the width which the widget occupies on the page: 1 column, 2 columns, 3 columns, 4 columns, and Calendar Item. The Calendar Item option is to be used when including the widget in a Calendar widget.
- You must set the pixel height which the widget occupies on a page.
Map Center (required):
- You must choose a building or structure on campus to center the map on.
- You may choose to show or hide a red pin on the map.
- You may choose to show or hide the map legend which identifies the different structures on campus by their color code.
- You may choose to show or hide Driving Directions and Print Map links on the bottom of the widget.
- You may enable or disable the zoom buttons on the upper right of the widget.
- You may enable or disable the ability to pan the map by clicking and holding while moving the mouse pointer.
- Choose a Cascade Page to link to.