An Accommodation is "Unreasonable" if
- It requires a change in the essential nature of a course or program.
- Creates an administrative "hardship" in implementation.
- Significantly compromises the health or safety of the student or others.
If a student is requesting classroom accommodations and you have not received a Letter of Accommodation, please send the student to register his/her disability with the Director of Disability Support Services in UC 300 or call x7206. PLU does not provide testing for disability qualification. We can, however, provide interested parties with a list of local resources.
- Please include a statement about requesting accommodations in your syllabus, such as: If you need course adaptations or accommodations because of a disability, if you have emergency medical information to share with me, or if you need other special arrangements, please make an appointment with me as soon as possible. If you have questions concerning the services available for students with disabilities at PLU, please contact the Director of Disability Support Services in UC 300 or call x7206.
- Provide classroom accommodations only after you have received a Letter of Accommodation from the Director of Disability Support Services. It is recommended the student and faculty have a discussion regarding specific support or arrangements needed to access any accommodations and the contents of the Letter of Accommodation. If a student has not made an appointment, faculty should contact the student if possible.
- Please take into account the needs of students with disabilities when designing off-campus experiences or atypical class activities (e.g., sign language interpreters, accessible parking, etc.) See ADA Guide to Event Planning.