- Bachelor of Arts in Education, Pacific Lutheran University
- Master of Arts in Educational Administration, Pacific Lutheran University
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Seattle University
- Superintendent of the Edmonds School District (2004-present)
- Superintendent of the Tumwater School District (1994-2004)
- Assistant Superintendent, Burlington-Edison School District
- Director of Secondary Programs, Burlington-Edison School District
- Assistant Principal, Burlington-Edison High School
- High School Social Studies Teacher and Football and Baseball Coach, Peninsula High School
- Middle School Social Studies Teacher at Ford Middle School, Franklin Pierce School District
- Women's Slow Pitch Coach at Washington High School, Franklin Pierce School District
Core Beliefs About Education
"It is about laying down your life, living from one's heart, and having the God given courage, wisdom, and persistence to make a positive difference in the lives of others."
Advice to Those Considering a Career in Education
"Any profession or career can add value; so, pray for guidance, and then follow His leading in your heart with your career choice; then, in that career, live it fully knowing He is with you and will bless your steps to touch the lives of others."
How PLU has Impacted My Career...
"I valued the smaller classes, quality lessons, and most of my professors were caring and thoughtful people. Thus, the content and context of my PLU education had a positive impact on me as a person and what came forward in my career."