- Bachelor's Degree in English, Western Washington University
- Master of Arts in Education, Pacific Lutheran University
- English Teacher and ASB Advisor, Mount Tahoma High School
- National Society of High School Teacher Scholars Award, 2010
- Teacher of the Year, Mount Tahoma High School, 2009-2011
Core Beliefs About Education
"I am a firm believer that teaching provides an opportunity for my own continuous learning and growth, as not only a teacher, but as well as an everyday learner. As an educator I believe that if I help to instill a passion for learning when it comes to the holistic picture of education by constantly leading by example as an everyday learner and teacher, each individual student will continue to grow and take ownership of their own education."
Advice to Those Considering a Career in Education
"Go in with the right intentions and understand the weight that you’re carrying. You will learn more from the students."
How PLU has Impacted my Career...
Mr. Gordon always knew that he wanted to be a teacher, however, PLU helped him know that he was going in the right direction. PLU has continued to impact his career through the personal relationships he developed in the program and passion from the teachers.