Graduate Program Admission Information
Admission into the School of Education and Kinesiology Graduate programs are done on a rolling basis. We have three priority deadlines that we encourage students to use:
January 15th *Last priority deadline for scholarships and fellowships*
We will continue to accept application through May 15th, however we will give priority to applications received by the deadlines.
- Graduate application and $40.00 application fee: Online / Print
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA (2.75 for the Alternative Routes program)
- A passing score on all three sections of the WEST-B (WA Educator Skills Test Basic). Please indicate to the exam committee the PLU WEST code: 225.
- A passing score on WEST-E (Washington Educator Skills Test Endorsement) Those seeking endorsements in world languages must also take the written and verbal portions of the ACTFL. Please indicate to the exam committee the PLU WEST code: 225.
- Résumé: Submit a résumé that includes your employment history; significant academic, professional, and community achievements; honors and awards.
- Application Essay: Submit a written essay identifying and discussing three values that will guide your educational practice. It should be between 500 and 750 words in length on a separate piece of paper. Please reference your name on each page.
- Two Recommendations - One academic/professional reference and one that speaks to your work with young people.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, sent directly from the school attended. Degrees attained from foreign institutions must be translated into English and also evaluated for US equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. Please have transcripts sent to:
Pacific Lutheran University
Office of Admission--Graduate Programs
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003
- Complete an interview.