Master of Arts in Education Non-Certification
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Education Non-Certification Program at PLU! This program is designed for international applicants who wish to pursue a Master of Arts in Education without becoming certified to teach in Washington.
Ms. Rachel Christopherson Dir. of Grad.Admission email@example.com
- April 1
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA or equivalent as determined by an official evaluation report.
- Résumé: Submit a résumé that includes your employment history; significant academic, professional, and community achievements; honors and awards.
- Application Essay: Submit a written essay identifying and discussing three values that will guide your educational practice. It should be between 500 and 750 words in length on a separate piece of paper. Please reference your name on each page.
- Two Recommendations - One academic/professional reference and one that speaks to your work with young people.
- Official transcripts with English translation from each college or university attended in the United States, home country, or other country. All transcripts must be sent directly to the PLU Office of Admission/Graduate from the institution providing the transcript or from an agency translating the transcript. Degrees attained from foreign institutions must be not only translated into English, but also must be evaluated for US degree equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. (FIS or WES).
Please have transcripts sent to:
Pacific Lutheran University
Office of Admission--Graduate Programs
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003