Master of Arts in Education with Residency Certification
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Arts in Education with Residency Certification at PLU!
Ms. Rachel Christopherson Dir. of Grad.Admission email@example.com
- April 1
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- A passing score on all three sections of the WEST-B (WA Education Skills Test Basic). Please indicate to the exam committee the PLU WEST code: 225. Or equivalent SAT/ACT scores.
- Math: SAT 515, ACT 22
- Reading: SAT 500, ACT 22
- Writing: SAT 490, ACT 8
- A passing score on WEST-E (Washington Education Skills Test Endorsement) Those seeking endorsements in world languages must also take the written and verbal portions of the ACTFL. Please indicate to the exam committee the PLU WEST code: 225.
- Résumé: Submit a résumé that includes your employment history; significant academic, professional, and community achievements; honors and awards.
- Application Essay: Submit a written essay identifying and discussing three values that will guide your educational practice. It should be between 500 and 750 words in length on a separate piece of paper. Please reference your name on each page.
- Two Recommendations - One academic/professional reference and one that speaks to your work with young people.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, sent directly from the school attended. Degrees attained from foreign institutions must be translated into English and also evaluated for US equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. Please have transcripts sent to:
Pacific Lutheran University
Office of Admission--Graduate Programs
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003
- Interview by invitation.
- International Students only:
For more information about the Master of Arts in Education with Residency Certification in Elementary Education, please click here.
For more information about the Master of Arts in Education with Residency Certification in Secondary Education, please click here.If you are unable to download and print any forms, or have any questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Admission, Graduate Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 535-7151.