Please remember that before the Department of Education Admissions Committee reviews your file, you must already be accepted for admission to PLU. If you have questions about the admissions process at PLU, please contact the Office of Admissions at (253) 535-7151.
Click here to download the application to the Undergraduate Teacher Certification Program! Undergraduate students begin in fall term only. Apply by the first Friday in March for fall consideration. Transfer students have until May 1st to apply.
The Admissions Committee will consider the following requirements when reviewing your file:
- Cumulative GPA 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours or the equivalent of junior status.
- Passing scores on the Washington Educator Skills Test - Basic (WEST-B).
- Transcript documentation that you have grades of C or better in Psychology 101 and Writing 101 (or equivalent).
- Two letters of recommendation: One academic/professional reference and one that speaks to the candidate's work with young people.
- Official transcripts for any credits earned at an institution other than PLU.
- Submit application essay: Submit a written essay identifying and discussing three value commitments that will influence your work as a teacher. It should be between 500 and 750 words in length on a separate piece of paper.
- Complete an interview. After your application is complete, you will be contacted with instructions to call and reserve a spot once specific days and times have been scheduled.
- Return all application materials to the School of Education and Movement Studies in Hauge Administration, room 121.
Are you a transfer student interested in the Bachelor of Arts in Education program?
Click here to see how your community college credits transfer into the program.