AP* Housing and Travel
Please click for more information:
South Hall is an apartment style residence hall on PLU's campus. This means that each participant will have a private bedroom and will share a bathroom, common living area, and kitchen with 1 - 4 other participants. All units are single sex. Each bedroom is equipped with a bed, desk, chair, overhead lighting, and one set of bed linens and one towel. Each unit is equipped with a dining room table and chairs, a couch, refrigerator, and oven. If you choose to stay in campus housing, then you will need to submit a signed copy of the Activity Participation & Medical Release form either before you arrive or when you check in. Forms can be faxed to 253-538-5880, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to PLU, SOEMS-PPD, Tacoma, WA 98447.
Cost: $45.25/per night
Things To Keep In Mind:
We would like your stay to be as enjoyable as possible. Listed below are a few facts you should consider before making your housing decision.
What's in the Room:
When students move out of campus housing, they leave nothing behind. You will find a room with the bare essentials: a bed, desk, dresser, and overhead lighting.
- One set of linens, two sheets, and a bath towel are provided for your stay. You might consider bringing extra linens for your needs.
There are no TVs or VCRs in rooms. However, a cable outlet is located in the wall.
Things to Bring:
- Bringing an electric fan is advisable. There is no air conditioning system. Generally, July temperature is between 75 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, although there have been years when temperatures have climbed into the 90's.
- Bring kitchen utensils/pots/plates if you wish to use the kitchen facility in the dorm accommodations.
Additional Information about On-Campus Housing:
- South Hall will be available for check-in and occupancy, Sunday, July 8th from 3:00 - 6:30 pm in the main lobby, bldg. #58. Transportation to and from SeaTac International Airport is available via Shuttle Express (206-622-1424) or Capital Aeroporter (253-927-6179) for approximately $35.00. Reservations are recommended.
- No alcohol is allowed on campus-- even if you are over 21.
- You will share a bathroom with others in your apartment.
- If you choose to dine on campus, please note that food is restricted to cafeteria or snack bar cuisine. There are several area restaurants within walking distance, but their hours of operation may not coincide with your schedule.
- PLU is a suburban campus located near a bus stop. You may wish to use a rental car if you want ready access to a wider array of local attractions.
- In the time that you are at PLU's AP* Summer Institute, you will be able to gain access to a myriad of university facilities, such as the library, Names Fitness Center, the swimming pool, and with a PLU LuteCard (student ID card). Please see the Campus Concierge in the University Center for your card.
Most participants stay on campus and enjoy their visit at PLU. Below is a list of lodging options that are in close proximity to PLU. Make sure to mention you are visiting PLU when booking reservations because some of the local hotels offer PLU discounts. Please keep in mind that none of these are in walking distance and therefore you will need to make your own transportation arrangements to campus.
Best Western Park Plaza, Puyallup
Chinaberry Hill Bed & Breakfast
DeVoe Mansion, Tacoma
Hampton Inn & Suites Tacoma-Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express, Tacoma
Hotel Murano, Downtown Tacoma
Marriott Courtyard, Downtown Tacoma
Shilo Inn, Tacoma
Silvercloud Inn, Tacoma Waterfront
Best Western Lakewood Motor Inn
Seattle/Tacoma International Airport is approximately 45 minutes north of PLU. Below is a list of shuttle options for traveling between SeaTac Airport and PLU. Visit these Web sites for shuttle information.
Call for prices and availability for the following local transport companies:
Around the Clock Shuttle Service: 253-539-9299
Five Star Shuttle Service: 253-589-9299
Yellow Cab Taxi Service: 253-472-3303
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, Pre-AP, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.