Administrator Professional Certification-emphasis in Special Education
Applications for the 2015 cohort are now being accepted!
PLU is pleased to present a Professional Certification program with an emphasis for Special Education Administrators. The Admin ProCert-Special Education cohort is focused on helping candidates gather credible and convincing evidence of leadership that positively impacts student learning. Candidates will be guided through reflective and meaningful practices to create a strong portfolio and final presentation. Monthly discussion topics will include meeting the Professional Washington state standards as well as best practices for:
- Dispute resolution
- Peer collegiality
- Accountability indicators
- Performance outcomes
- And other topics as they arise
Benefits: PLU’s professional development programs employ small supportive cohorts facilitated by highly qualified instructors and guest speakers. Relevance of peer-to-peer interaction will be seen through guided discussions specific to the Special Education Administrator. In addition, students receive 10 graduate credits, or 150 clock hours.
Entry Seminar (Semester #1 – Spring 2015) – January – May 2015, 5 credits
- Paradigm shift for learning and leadership in Washington State
- Context Analysis
- Development of descriptive, analytic and reflective practice
- Self-Assessment in relation to the standards
- Professional Growth Planning and Development
Implementation/ Presentation Phases (Semester #2 - Summer 2015) - May- August 2015, 5 credits
- Activate Professional Growth Plans
- Portfolio Entry development including evidence analysis
- Preparation for the presentation panel and portfolio
To join the Admin ProCert Program the successful candidate must submit the following:
- PLU Online Application
- Application fee ($40) and following materials mailed to PLU
- OSPI Form 4201F-D, documenting three contracted years of school employment as a principal, assistant principal, or program administrator
- Copy of valid Washington State Residency Administrator Certificate
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (unofficial copies accepted)
- IF Residency Renewal Required: OSPI Form 4201 Institutional Application for an Administrator, submitted with fees to program ($43)
- Have regular access to a computer and internet as well as a headset with a microphone (Logitech is a good brand) and a webcam.
University Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $40
Spring 2015:Entry Seminar (5 credits): $700
Summer 2015: Implementation Seminar & Presentation (5 credits): $700
Total Program Costs: $1,400 tuition, $99 for POLE 360 assessment, $58 e-certification fee to OSPI. Additional OSPI fee’s apply for certificate renewal if needed.
PLU's Business Office will mail a bill to you in the billing cycle following your official registration.
Program Support: Course materials are made available to students through electronic/digital media. We also provide candidates with 24 hour a day access to online programs, tools, and templates, as well as complete access to library services. Candidates will also have the benefit of advising/support services provided by their assigned faculty/mentor.