Applications for the 2014-2015 cohort are now being accepted!
At Pacific Lutheran University, we have created a program that will allow candidates to complete the requirements for Professional Certification in two semesters. Our Fall - Spring schedule is built with busy administrators, such as yourself, in mind. Participants earn 10 graduate level continuing education credits for successfully participating in the Admin ProCert program.
Our program is focused on helping candidates gather credible and convincing evidence of leadership that positively impacts student learning. You will be guided to use your evidence to create a strong portfolio to submit to the state and university for assessment. PLU has a proven track record of successful presentations and subsequent award of the Professional Certificate for Administrators.
PLU is very excited to be able to support your learning with a comprehensive Administrator Professional Certification program with real time online learning. Online meetings occur twice each month at dates and times designed for the working professional. Participants are also able to login to PLU's exclusive online system, allowing continuous access to PLU resources including assignments, program materials and audio recordings of class sessions.
Entry Seminar (Semester #1 - Fall 2014) - 5 credits
- Paradigm shift for learning and leadership in Washington State
- Context Analysis
- Development of descriptive, analytic and reflective practice
- Self-Assessment in relation to the standards
- Completion and Analysis of POLE 360
- Professional Growth Planning and Development
Implementation/ Presentation Phases (Semester #2 - Spring 2015) - 5 credits
- Activate Professional Growth Plans
- Portfolio Entry development including evidence analysis
- Preparation for the presentation panel and portfolio
To join the Admin ProCert Program the successful candidate must submit the following:
- PLU Online Application
- Application fee ($40) and following materials mailed to PLU
- OSPI Form 4201F-D, documenting three contracted years of school employment as a principal, assistant principal, or program administrator
- Copy of valid Washington State Residency Administrator Certificate
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (unofficial copies accepted)
- IF Residency Renewal Required: OSPI Form 4201 Institutional Application for an Administrator, submitted with fees to program ($43)
- Have regular access to a computer and internet as well as a headset with a microphone (Logitech is a good brand) and a webcam.
- Complete the POLE 360 state assessment - Click here for a flyer.
2014-2015 Program Schedule
Fall: September - December
Spring: February - May
Online meetings are held twice a month on a weekday late afternoon/evening. Dates and times TBA. (18 sessions total)
University Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $40
Fall 2014: Entry Seminar (5 credits): $625
Spring 2015: Implementation Seminar & Presentation (5 credits): $625
Total Program Tuition: $1,250
PLU's Business Office will mail a bill to you in the billing cycle following your official submission of your application.
Additional Fees: POLE 360 Assessment, State Certification
Course materials are made available to students through electronic/digital media. We also provide candidates with 24 hour a day access to online programs, tools, and templates, as well as complete access to library services. Candidates will also have the benefit of advising/support services provided by their assigned faculty/mentor.