We are now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 Admin Procer Program!
At Pacific Lutheran University, we have created a program that will allow you to complete the requirements for Professional Certification in two semesters. Our Fall - Spring schedule is built with busy administrators, such as yourself, in mind. Participants earn 10 graduate level continuing education credits for successfully participating in the Admin ProCert program at PLU.
Our program is focused on helping you gather credible and convincing evidence of leadership that positively impacts student learning. You will be guided to use your evidence to create a strong portfolio to submit to the state and university for assessment. PLU has a proven track record of successful presentations and subsequent award of the Professional Certificate for Administrators. You will also earn 10 graduate level continuing education credits for successfully participating in the Admin ProCert program at PLU.
PLU is very excited to be able to support your learning with a comprehensive Administrator Professional Certification program with real time online learning. You will meet online with your cohort and facilitator twice each month at dates and times that work with your schedule. Participants are also able to login to PLU's Sakai system, allowing continuous access to PLU resources including assignments, program materials, and audio recordings of class sessions.
Program StructureEntry Seminar (Semester #1--Fall 2013) - 5 credits
- Paradigm shift for learning and leadership in Washington State
- Context Analysis
- Development of descriptive, analytic, and reflective practice
- Self-Assessment in relation to the standards
- Completion and Analysis of POLE 360
- Professional Growth Planning and Development
- Activate professional growth plans
- Portfolio Entry development including evidence analysis
- Preparation and presentation of portfolio for the State Panel and University
To join the Admin ProCert Program at PLU you must:
- Hold a current Washington State Residency Administrator's Certificate
- Have completed two years of employment as a principal or assistant principal and currently be under contract with a Washington School District or approved private institution for a third year
- Have support from your school district
- Have regular access to a computer and internet as well as a headset with a microphone (Logitech is a good brand) and a webcam.
- POLE 360- Click here for a flyer about POLE
2013-2014 Program Schedule
Fall (September/October) - Day and Time TBA
Online Cohort Meetings
Online meetings are held twice a month on a weekday late afternoon/evening. Dates and times TBA. (18 sessions total)
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $40
Fall 2013: Entry Seminar (5 credits): $625
Spring 2014: Implementation Seminar & Presentation (5 credits): $625
Total Program Tuition: $1,250
PLU's Business Office will mail a bill to you in the billing cycle following your official submission of your application.
Additional Fees: POLE 360 Assessment
Course materials are made available to students through electronic/digital media. We also provide candidates with 24 hour a day access to online programs, tools, and templates, as well as complete access to library services. Candidates will also have the benefit of advising/support services provided by their assigned faculty/mentor.
Ready to Apply?
We are now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 Admin ProCert Program. Click here for more information!
PLU SEaK - PPD Tacoma, WA 98447