Facts and Benefits to Earning Your
National Board Certification
There are many reasons why obtaining your National Board Certification is beneficial. Not only will it allow you to increase your knowledge and teaching skills on a nationally recognized level; it will also ensure your students are receiving the best education you can possibly give them. In Washington State, teachers who earn this certification receive an annual $5,000 stipend.
NBPTS was created in 1987, with the vision of setting forth a policy for accomplished and outstanding teaching. Five Core Propositions were created to describe the National Board Teacher. They are:
- Teachers are Committed to Students and Learning.
- Teachers Know the Subject they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are Responsible for Managing and Monitoring Student Learning.
- Teachers Think Systematically about Their Practice and Learn from Experience.
- Teachers are Members of Learning Communities.
To find out more about the propositions, check out NBPTS by clicking here