National Board Support
Program is on hiatus for 2013-2014. Please check back for 2014-2015.
Pacific Lutheran University is pleased to offer an all online support program for National Board Candidates! The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) is an intensive program for instructors who are looking to excel in the teaching community. Through the Washington Initiative, PLU is excited to offer this all online partnership support program for National Board candidates.
Ready to Apply?
National Board Support:
- Online, in real time, cohort meetings with experienced facilitators (2x's per month).
- 24-7 access to PLU support materials through specific online tools.
- Online Forum and Chat for like-certificate groups; focused on content area and assessment. Discussion and feedback led by an experienced facilitator from your certificate area.
- Specific guidance for understanding National Board standards, entry and video development, descriptive, reflective, and analytical writing.
- Earn 15 semester hours of graduate level continuing education credits
- 4 Credits can roll over into 2 different Master's degrees at PLU for no additional charge.
Why PLU?PLU's professional development programs employ small supportive cohorts facilitated by highly qualified instructors. Small cohorts allow for individualized instruction and guidance. Online cohorts give us the opportunity to offer this expertise and learning experience to a broad geographic area. We look forward to supporting you in your professional development journey! Click here for more information about the online program model and to hear what past candidates have said!
- Hold a current teaching certificate.
- Completed 3 full years of teaching.
- Completed application and registration process with NBPTS.*
*Find NBPTS requirements here.
Tuition, Fees and Financial Aid
Tuition for the 2012-2013 program will be $1500.00 plus a $40 application fee. Your tuition includes 15 semester graduate level continuing education credits. You will be billed for part of your tuition in the fall and part of your tuition in the spring.
Financial Aid Opportunities
If you are interested in applying for financial aid or scholarships for the NBPTS application process, you can do so through state and NBPTS funding. To find out about financial aid and scholarships through NBPTS, click here. The OSPI offers conditional loans for the National Board process. For more information, check out the OSPI website.
Unfortunately, PLU does not offer financial aid for the National Board Support program.
Please note: NBPTS fees are separate from National Board Support fees and are paid directly to NBPTS. Click here for NBPTS fee information.