Admission into the School of Education and Kinesiology Graduate programs are done on a rolling basis. We have three priority deadlines that we encourage students to use:
January 15th *Last priority deadline for scholarships and fellowships*
We will continue to accept application through May 15th, however we will give priority to applications received by the deadlines.
- Graduate application and $40.00 application fee: Online / Print
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA (
- A passing score on all three sections of the WEST-B (WA Educator Skills Test Basic). Please indicate to the exam committee the PLU WEST code: 225.
- A passing score on WEST-E (Washington Educator Skills Test Endorsement) Those seeking endorsements in world languages must also take the written and verbal portions of the ACTFL. Please indicate to the exam committee the PLU WEST code: 225.
- Résumé: Submit a résumé that includes your employment history; significant academic, professional, and community achievements; honors and awards.
- Application Essay: Submit a written essay identifying and discussing three values that will guide your educational practice. It should be between 500 and 750 words in length on a separate piece of paper. Please reference your name on each page.
- Two Recommendations - One academic/professional reference and one that speaks to your work with young people. You may send your recommenders this link: PLU Graduate & Certificate Programs Recommendation Form
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, sent directly from the school attended. Degrees attained from foreign institutions must be translated into English and also evaluated for US equivalency by a PLU approved evaluation service. Please have transcripts sent to:
Pacific Lutheran University
Office of Admission--Graduate Programs
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003
- Complete an interview.
You can begin the application process before all testing is complete:
- You can apply without the WEST B or WEST E, just indicate dates of testing on the application (if scheduled) or leave blank.
- You must pass the WEST B before we can offer you admission.
- You must pass the WEST E before starting your student teaching internship in the fall.
- You must complete any missing content coursework before starting your student teaching internship in the fall.