Administrator Professional Certification-emphasis in Special Education
Capital Region Educational Service District 113 and Pacific Lutheran University offer an innovative and accessible Professional Certificate program. The Professional Certification program is focused on helping administrative candidates gather credible and convincing evidence of leadership that positively impacts student learning. Online meetings occur once each month at dates and times designed for the working professional. In addition to meeting the state’s basic certification criteria, candidates also receive graduate-level instruction relevant to the field of special education.
Timeframe: Fall & Spring semesters
Tuition: $795 for fall semester and $700 for spring semester for 5 semester credits/semester
Delivery Method: Candidates will visit ESD 113 a total of three times throughout the course of the 2016-2017 academic year as well as participate in once monthly online meetings. Candidates will have an ESD field supervisor visit their workplace two times throughout the year.
Program Highlights: The online format, small class size and evening delivery make this program accessible and affordable for any candidate needing to complete professional certification. In addition, candidates benefit from collaborating with peer-alike groups in their region while also furthering contact with ESD 113 personnel. Meetings occur once monthly by secured internet.
Registration and Application
Registration is now closed for the fall 2016 – spring 2017 cohort. All applicants will be placed on a wait list. Registration for the Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 cohort will open March 1, 2017. The program application deadline is August 1, 2017. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
To complete the application process, the following must be submitted to PLU:
- PLU Online Application (click the ‘Apply Now’ in the upper-right hand)
- Application fee ($40 check made out to PLU)
- OSPI Form 4001F-D, documenting two contracted years of school employment as a principal, assistant principal, or program administrator and have a contract for a third year.
- Copy of valid Washington State Residency Administrator Certificate
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (unofficial transcripts acceptable)
- IF Residency Renewal Required: OSPI Form 4201 Institutional Application for an Administrator. This form is intended for candidates requiring a 2 year extension.
Please send application materials to the following address:
Pacific Lutheran University
School of Education
Partnerships & Professional Development
12180 Park Ave S.
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003