Department ofEnvironmental, Health, Safety & Emergency Programs

Civil Disruption

Most campus demonstrations are peaceful and non-obstructive. Everyone should attempt to carry on business as normal. Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators.

If possible, use a telephone located away from the disturbance to call Campus Safety at 7911 from campus phones or 253-535-7911 using a cell phone, if any of the following conditions occur:

  • INTERFERENCE with normal operations of the university.
  • PREVENTION of access to offices, buildings, or other university facilities.
  • THREAT of physical harm to persons or damage to university facilities.

Alert all employees in the area to the situation. Shelter-in-place by locking all doors and securing files, documents, and equipment. Stand by for further instructions.

If instructed to do so, cease operations and evacuate.