What is Response?
Response is the immediate action(s) taken to save lives, control an incident, protect property, and meet basic human needs after an emergency has occurred. Campus Safety is PLU's primary response organization, though many other offices and individuals carry out and support response functions depending on the size and scope of the incident.
In 2008, PLU adopted the National Incident Management System (NIMS) as its methodology for responding to emergencies. Having done so enables PLU to coordinate effectively with local responders, such as the Sheriff Department and Central Pierce Fire and Rescue.
Take a look at PLU's All Hazards Emergency Management Plan to see how PLU plans to respond to an emergency.
What is Citizen Corps?
Citizen Corps is a volunteer organization designed to train community members in preparedness and response so that they will be able to respond effectively to a disaster in their area.
How to get involved
Contact us here at Emergency Programs and we will send you the necessary forms.
- CERT in Action
- CERT Training: Disaster Psychology
- CERT Training: Safety in the After-Disaster Environment
- CERT Triage: Handling Mass Casualty Situation
- Fire Safety: The CERT Member's Role
- Demonstrating Victim Carries
- Demonstrating Head-to-Toe Assessment
- Coaching Hands on Practice - Victim Extrication