- Who Can Make a Work Order Request?
- How do I Submit a Work Order Request?
- Why do I not receive a work order number?
- How long will it take for my work order to get done?
- What do I do if I have an emergency request?
- What are chargeable services?
- What services does facilities provide?
Who Can Make a Work Order Request?
How do I Submit a Work Order Request?
Faculty, Staff, and Student Employees – You can report the service needed to your departmental receptionist or you can submit one using our online work order form. Please note: if you have a time-concerned request, i.e. emergency situation, a work order will not need to be submitted online. Instead, please call our main office at extension 7380 (253-535-7380), or if our office is closed, Campus Safety at extension 7441 (253-535-7441), and provide as much detail as possible and a contact name and number.
Why do I not receive a work order number?
The following are reasons why you may not have a received a number:
1. The work order was not submitted online:
- For calls made to our office we do not provide the work order number unless it is requested and contact information is provided at the time of submission.
2. The work order was submitted online but no email address was provided in the contact information section of the work order form:
- If an email address is not given, we do not know where to email the work order number.
3. A work order was submitted online and the form was completely filled out:
- Sometimes there are network issues that can affect the functionality of the work order form. If this happens, you may not receive a submittal receipt, in which case you may retry submitting the form. If further problems persist, please contact our office at extension 7380.
- It may be that the work order has not been processed. We ask that you allow two business days* for your work order to be processed. If you have not received a work order number within that timeframe, please contact our office at extension 7380.
*Our office is closed weekends and PLU holidays.
How long will it take for my work order to get done?
All service requests are prioritized by the impact to life, safety, and continuance of academic study. The following prioritizing categories are:
Facilities Management handles emergencies immediately. Emergencies include water line breaks, flooding, out-of-service elevators, power failures, roof leaks, and broken locks and windows that are safety concerns.
These work orders are given priority and will be looked at first. They include snow and ice removal, heating and cooling concerns, defective electrical fixtures, and clogged drains.
Regular, or routine, maintenance will be prioritized accordingly and taken care of in a timely manner. These types of services include missing window screens, light bulb replacement, hanging blinds, minor plumbing repairs, ceiling tile replacement, work on athletic fields, and repairs to PLU vehicles.
What do I do if I have an emergency request?
What are chargeable services?
- Gasoline for PLU vehicles
- Non-PLU sponsored event support
- Office moves or alterations; for further information, or to fill out a move/alteration form, please refer to Projects@PLU homepage
- Painting beyond the regular maintenance schedule*
- Removal of hazardous materials; please contact environmental services for more information (x7385)
- Replacement of recycling receptacles
- Trash support beyond routine service; this also includes the disposal of refrigerators; electronics, such as computer parts and televisions; and non-PLU furniture and carpet
Chargeable work will be estimated for cost in both time and materials.
*Painting due to usual wear and tear is not charged.
What services does facilities provide?
- Cable, email, Internet, and all computer-related problems: contact CATS at extension 7525 (253-538-7525).
- Customizing carpentry, however, we can help you choose and install new them. Please contact our office for more information (x7380).
- Loaning out tools such as ladders, jacks, or hammers.
- Personal furniture moves.
- Repair/assistance to personal vehicle.
- Storage of materials.
- Table and chair rentals: contact University Center Conferences and Events at extension 7450 (253-535-7450).
- White boards and bulletin boards for offices; you purchase, we install.