Applying for Financial Aid:
Making sense of the application process for financial aid.
- Apply for admission to the university,
- Obtain a Personal Identification number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov. This PIN will be used as your electronic signature when completing your FAFSA application.
- Fill out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and enter the PLU school code: 003785. Submit the FAFSA by January 31 to ensure optimal financial aid awarding. If your FAFSA does not accurately reflect your family's financial situation due to a recent job loss or reduction in earnings, you may communicate this change to us by completing the Special Circumstances Request Form.
- Upon receipt of your FAFSA information and confirmation that you have been admitted into the university, the Financial Aid Office will generate a financial aid award. We will send you a paper copy of your aid offer, along with a guide and any documents necessary to complete your application.
- If offered and accepting the Federal Direct Loan(s), do an electronic loan application, and if necessary, an entrance interview at www.studentloans.gov.
- If offered and accepting federal work-study, complete the I-9 and W-2 forms with Student Employment. Locate a job and complete the hiring process with an on-campus employer.
- If offered and accepting state work-study, locate a job and complete hiring process with an off-campus employer.
- If accepting a Federal Nursing or Perkins Loan, complete entrance interview and promissory note when notified by the PLU Loan Office.
- If you are a new student, pay your tuition deposit, which secures your seat in the entering class and allows you to register for classes.
- Register for class, which generates a bill for tuition and fees.