Accepting Your Offer of Financial Aid
1. Go to https://banweb.plu.edu and click on Enter Secure Area (Banner Web)
2. Enter your PLU ID. (Your PLU ID is located above your name on the award letter, which is being sent to new students only)
3. Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN): This PIN, along with your PLU ID will be used each time you access your financial aid, student account or registration records in Banner. The system will also ask you to select a security question that will help you remember your PIN in case you forget. Be sure to keep your PIN confidential. If you want your parent(s) or significant other to have access to your financial aid and student account information, you will need to give them your PLU ID number and PIN. No information will be released to anyone without this information.
4. Select Financial Aid Services
5. Select Award
6. Select Award by Aid Year
7. Select aid year Financial Aid Year 2015-16
8. Select Submit
9. Review the information contained on the General Information and Award Overview tabs. Under the Award Overview tab, please review your expected enrollment for each term. Your Offer of Financial Aid is based on the enrollment status listed here. If incorrect, contact the Financial Aid Office at 253-535-7134 or email@example.com.
10. Read the Terms & Conditions of your financial aid located under the Terms & Conditions tab. You cannot accept your financial aid before accepting the Terms & Conditions.
11. Select the Accept Award Offer tab to review your offered aid. Please note the instructions included on this screen.
- On your original 2015-16 Financial Aid Award, you will be prompted to make a decision on the self-help aid programs (loans and work study) that has been offered. You may select either Accept, Decline, or Undecided for the aid you have been offered. Select Submit Decision, or if you wish to accept the entire offer in the original form, you simply select Accept Full Amount All Awards. Once you have selected Submit Decision or Accept Full Amount All Awards, the screen will show the current status of your award.
- If you have been offered a Federal Pell Grant, you cannot accept it online. The Financial Aid Office will accept this fund once we have confirmed your eligibility with the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you accept the Federal Direct Loan, you will have the option to immediately go to the Direct Loan website to complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. Repeat borrowers do not need to complete another promissory note nor entrance counseling for this loan. Banner Web will not reflect a satisfied Master Promissory Note for fall semester loans until July 1, 2015.
- You may see active Messages below the offered financial aid. Please click on Messages to review important information pertaining to your financial aid award.
12. Unsatisfied Requirements: At the bottom of the Accept Award Offer tab there may be an Unsatisfied Student Requirement highlighted. Click on these highlighted areas and follow the instructions to complete these additional requirements.
13. Select the Resources/Additional Information tab if you have outside scholarships not yet reflected on your award. Please submit the outside scholarship name, select the term(s) it will be received and the amount for the term(s). Please also include any information that you feel is pertinent in the comments section. We recommend that you split your outside scholarship awards evenly between both fall and spring semesters. If you need to make any changes to already submitted scholarships, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Once you have met all the requirements, click on the Exit button at the top of the page, or a tab to return to a previous page.