Creating a Google Group
To create an new Google Groups, just follow these steps:
- Click the "Create a group..." button on the Google Groups homepage at http://groups.g.plu.edu/. If you're not already signed in to your PLU Google Apps Account, sign in, name your group, and fill out the other required information.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you'd like to invite to your group. If you'd prefer to directly add your members, click the "Add members directly" link. You can begin typing an email, name, or Contact list group to get a pop-up list of suggested emails. Or you can import pre-existing groups by copying and pasting an existing list of email addresses into this form.
- Write an invitation or welcome message, and select an email subscription option for your members if you're directly adding them.
- Click the "Invite members" or "Add members" button. Google will send notifications or invitations to your group members.
- Make sure to review your group privacy settings to avoid any embarrassing communications.