Insurance and Fees
There is no charge for an office visit to the PLU Health Center. This applies to all PLU students: domestic and international, graduate and undergraduate. All we ask is to see your PLU ID; we do not require an insurance card or copay. It does not matter if we are “in network” for your insurance plan since we do not charge for office visits.
PLU does not require students to have health insurance, but we strongly recommend it. The following are resources to help you find an insurance plan that is right for you.
- eHealth Insurance – This is an internet site that has a broad selection of health insurance plans. It provides an objective comparison with customer service online.
- Office of the Washington State Insurance Commissioner – This office provides a comprehensive consumer guide about health care options. It also outlines what the individual market is, what you can expect to pay, and how to buy into it.
- Regence Blue Shield – Regence Blue Shield offers a choose of deductible options and benefit packages.
- GroupHealth Cooperative – GroupHealth has deductible plans that offer a variety of choices and costs.
- Assurant Health – Short term health insurance for individuals needing coverage for 30-185 days, including college graduates, travelers, and people between health plans.
Domestic undergraduate students are a part of the PLU Wellness Access Plan. The Wellness Access Plan includes the ability to obtain reimbursement for insurance deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and medication costs. Read more about the Wellness Access Plan HERE.