Flag Football League Information
CAPTAINS--Please Have Each Player On Your Team Sign The Waiver Form Online 24 hours before the first game. Please Go Over The Rules With Your Team. This Is Important To The Success Of Our Leagues.
- Profanity and trash talk will not be allowed (1st - warning, 2nd - ejection). This is FUN & FELLOWSHIP!
- Captains, please check in with the IM Supervisor. After the game--Rate the other team on sportsmanship, choose a player of the game, and report game results.
- Rock-paper-scissors to determine possession of first game. Free substitution on dead ball.
- The first team listed in the schedule is responsible for providing a game ball & wearing white shirts. The second team listed must wear dark colored shirts.
- The event is non-contact. Blocking & bump coverage is not allowed. "Screening" is ok...no use of extended arms.
- No players can be added before the last week of games !!
- Games are played in 2-20 minute halves.
- Teams consist of 6 players (coed=3 women + 3 men).
- A TD = 6 points, a 5 yard extra point = 1 point, a 10 yard extra point = 2 points.
- Running is allowed between the 5's on direct handoffs. The QB cannot run past the LOS.
- All players are eligible to receive passes.
- Only players starting 5 yards behind the LOS can rush the passer.
- The Quarterback has 5 seconds to attempt a pass or the play is ruled dead (and loss of down).
- All drives and change of possession (except interceptions) start at the 5. Interceptions begin at the point of the interception.
- The offense has 3 plays to cross the first down line or score a TD. If they do not it is a change of possession.
- All offensive penalties = loss of down and 5 yards. All defensive penalties = down over and 5 yards-defensive pass interference is a first down at the point of the foul (just like the NFL).
- Any ball that hits the ground will be ruled dead. No fumble recoveries are allowed.
- The ball must be snapped between the legs, not off to the side.
- All players are asked to wear a protective mouthpiece, THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- Cleats are allowed, but must be rubber. No metal cleats or Baseball spikes are allowed.
- Flagrant contact or fouls will not be tolerated. Offending player(s) will be ejected.
- Dead Ball. One, or both flags missing; any part of ballcarrier hits ground other than feet; incomplete pass; fumbled ball; ball-out-of bounds.