Proof of Identity
To apply for WA State ID Card and Driver's License, International Students generally bring the following documents to Department of Licensing (DOL) Office:
- Valid Passport with I-94
- Valid Student Visa
- Vaild I-20
- Social Security Number OR Printout from SEVIS database
If you do not have Social Security Number and would like to get Printout from SEVIS Database, please turn in "Printout from SEVIS Database" request in MyLuteLife.
WA State ID Card
To learn details and to get most updated information about obtaining WA State ID card, please visit this Department of Licensing (DOL) webpage.
The cost of issuing WA State ID card is $20. DOL only accepts cash or check.
WA State Driver's License
To learn details and to get most updated information about obtaining WA State Driver's License, please visit this DOL webpage.
The cost is $45. DOL only accepts cash or check.
Here is a summary of steps involved in order to get WA State Driver's License:
- Complete a Driver's License Application.
- Pass a Knowledge Test. The Driver's Guides boolet is available at this DOL webpage. The Knowlege Test must be completed before you can schedule a Driving Test.
- Pass a vision screening and demonstration of color recognition.
- Pass the Driving Test. If you plan to practice your driving test, you will need to get instruction permit.
- Have your photograph taken.
- You will receive a temporary license to drive for 45 days. The official driver's license will be mailed to you within 7-10 days. If you don't receive your new driver's license within 30 days, please return to the DOL.
Tacoma Licensing Office
To learn details and to get most updated information about Tacoma Licensing Office, visit this DOL webpage.
Location: 6402 South Yakima Avenue, Suite C, Tacoma, WA 98405
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30AM to 5:00PM
- Thursday 9:30AM-5:00PM
- Saturday, 8:30AM-2:30PM
Direction from Campus by bus: Take #45 at 121st Street South and Park Avenue South. Get off at South 66th Street and South Yakima Avenue.