Sakai Learning Management System
Sakai is PLU’s learning management system for courses and projects. Instructors can request Sakai sites via the online course request page. Course sites are populated with students and faculty from Banner class enrollment data and are updated daily with any newly enrolled students.
Have a question? Need help? Contact Sakai support and we'll be in touch to assist you.
- Sakai Online Help Site: https://sakai.plu.edu/portal/site/Support
- Telephone: 253-535-7509
- Help Desk Ticket (requires PLU ePass): http://helpdesk.plu.edu (use the Request Type "Sakai Learning Management System")
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sakai contains a variety of tools such as:
- Resources - for storing and distributing course materials
- Mailtool and Email Archive - for communicating with participants via email
- Forums - for discussing and collaborating
- Drop Box - private folder for exchanging files between students and instructor
- Assignments - for creating assignments and providing workflows for student to submit assignments and faculty to grade assignments.
- Tests & Quizzes - for creating and administering online tests
- Gradebook - for distributing grades to students
- More Tools...
Sakai provides integrations for using several other teaching and learning tools within Sakai courses: