The library provides access to electronic, print & video reserve materials for use in coursework.
The Sakai course management system is the preferred method for course reserves delivery. If you provide library staff access your Sakai site, they can post e-Reserves for you.
- Resource Linking Tool
Easily create permanent, off campus-accessible links to online library resources (such as those available through JSTOR or EBSCO) for your students. You can use these links in Sakai, on course websites, in online syllabi, and in e-mail.
- Online Reserve Request Form
Submit your request online, upload files, request that library items be pulled for you, or let us know that you will be bringing personal copies of items to the library.
- Copyright Consultation and Clearance
...for questions or assistance with library reserves, please call (253) 535-7175.
Link to library resources
Create permanent, off campus-accessible links to online library resources (such as those available through JSTOR or EBSCO) for your students.
Use our resource linking tool to create links that you can use in Sakai, on course websites, in online syllabi, and in e-mail. You and your students will be able to access these resources from anywhere.
Copyright consultation and clearance
In general, faculty are responsible for securing necessary copyright clearances with regard to curricular materials (course reserves, classroom readings, etc). The reserves process requires your signature on a copyright compliance form.
We have identified some resources to help guide you through the process and understand what your rights as an educator are with regard to fair use and copyright law:
Netflix film rental is available through the library to faculty only. Films may be requested for classroom use, and are a good option when the library does not own the film, and/or you are unlikely to need it for more than one semester.
Use this service for:
- Experiments in teaching
- Classes where content changes each semester
- Films unavailable for purchase
- Films that need not become part of the library collection
- To preview a film being considered for library purchase
To use this service:
- Look up your film on Netflix and note identifying information (title, principal cast, director, etc).
- Fill out the media request form at least 7 business days before the film is needed.
- You will receive an e-mail from the library when your film arrives. Please pick it up at the circulation desk within three business days.
- The film will be checked out to you for 7 days. Please return it on or before the due date.
- For Streaming Netflix videos (rather than ordering a DVD) make sure to contact Multi-Media Services (ext.7509) for equipment reservation and set-up--they will provide you with a box that passes the PLU information to Netflix.
Things to remember:
- The library can only borrow 6 Netflix films at a time, so please return your films as soon as you are done with them.
- Netflix films cannot be placed on reserve.
- If a film is lost, or not returned within 30 days, you will be billed a $50 replacement fee.
- Netflix streaming is for classroom viewing only.
For further information about Netflix, please contact Diane Harris (x7502) or Francesca Lane Rasmus (x7141).