The program promotes a collaborative learning environment that encourages strong student-faculty relationships. Paid and unpaid opportunities are offered in order to create opportunities for students to interact more frequently with faculty and to learn more about the inner workings of the program. These opportunities include:
Graduate fellows assigned to programmatic projects or on-campus clinic.
Collaboration with faculty on research projects for professional publications.
Clinic and Program Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator positions in the on-campus clinic.
24-27 months, typically 6-7 terms
Program Start Date
Fall entry only—usually early September
Typical Program Schedule
- Fall/Spring of 1st year: Attend classes at PLU twice a week, typically 3:00-6:20pm. The first year of the program is designed to make it easier for working professionals. Students with flexible work schedules can generally work part-time or even full-time during their first two semesters.
- Summer of 1st year: Classes one to three time per week, typically 3:00-6:20pm; internship may begin at on-campus clinic, 20-25 hours per week. Students work together in co-therapy teams for extra support and will meet in pairs on a weekly basis for two hours.
- Fall/Spring/Summer/Fall of 2nd year: Classes typically one day a week, 12:00-6:20pm; internship continues at on-campus clinic, with the addition of internship at off-campus clinic, 20-25 hours per week.
- Application Materials Due - January 31
- Interview Notification - Mid-February through end of April
- Interview Date - To be arranged
- Advance Deposit - within three weeks of acceptance date
- Classes begin--early September
Program Tuition for Cohort beginning in Fall of 2014
$1,025.00 per semester credit, $48,175 for the entire program. The costs will not increase once a student is in the program, but remain at $1,025.00 per semester credit.
Click here to see a tuition breakdown by term.
The PLU Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy is comparable and often lower in cost to other regional private, as well as public and online programs.