The MBA/TIM - Technology & Innovation ManagementTechnology and globalization are creating new industries, restructuring existing industries, and radically changing the way firms compete. The pace at which new product- and process- technology is generated throughout the world has advanced exponentially, creating new markets and rapidly changing sources of competition. Shorter product life cycles, rapid innovation, and constant competitive pressures are creating new challenges for leaders and professionals.
New management skills are needed for companies to compete in this fast-paced, global environment. To meet this critical need, PLU offers an MBA with a specialization in Technology and Innovation Management (TIM).
The MBA/TIM program is 45 credit hours and can be completed in under two years.
MBA/TIM Core: 36 hours
- BUSA 509 Global Business Perspectives (3)
- BUSA 510 Legal, Ethical and Social Responsibility of Business (3)
- BUSA 511 Accounting for Decision Making (3)
- BUSA 513 Marketing Management (3)
- BUSA 515 Organizations and Leadership (3)
- BUSA 517 Financial Resource Management (3)
- BUSA 519 Information Systems and Knowledge Management (3)
- BUSA 521 Supply Chain and Operations Management (3)
- BUSA 523 Managing Innovation (3)
- BUSA 590 Strategy & Global Competitiveness (3)
- COMA 543 Negotiation and Conflict (3)
- BUSA 522/ECON 520 Economic Policy Analysis (3-4)
TIM Emphasis: 9 credit hours
- BUSA 570 Technology Management (3)
And 6 credits from the following (these courses are offered on a rotating basis, to inquire about the offering of a specific elective course make an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org):
- BUSA 542 Leading Change (3)
- BUSA 555 Knowledge Management (3)
- BUSA 577 Project Management (3)
- Approved BUSA 587, 588, 589 Special Topics (3)
- BUSA 595 Internship (1-3)