The PLU MSF program is competitive and selection is based on several criteria. The Graduate Admission committee bases decisions on a holistic assessment of the individual merits of each applicant. However, for admission the minimum GPA is 3.0. For questions regarding admission into the MSF program contact:
Michael Renfrow, Associate Director, MSF
Our MSF Admissions Committee reviews applications and makes admissions decisions by the 15th of each month. To help you prepare for the start of the program and make yourself eligible for scholarships, we recommend you submit your application by March 1st.
Fall Semester 2014 begins: September 7th
To apply for the MSF program, submit:
Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Note: A Bachelor’s degree may be in progress at time of application, but must be completed prior to the start of the program.
- Graduate application and non-refundable $40.00 fee. Make checks payable to PLU. Return application, fee, and all required materials to:
Pacific Lutheran University
Office of Admission--Graduate Programs
12180 Park Avenue South
Tacoma, WA 98447-0003
- Official GMAT or GRE Scores. The PLU code is 4597.
*Need help preparing for the test? Click here.
- Current Résumé that includes your employment history; significant academic, professional, and community achievements; honors and awards.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, sent directly from the school attended. Transcripts should be sent to the above address.
- Statement of Educational and Professional goals. It should be between 300 and 400 words in length on a separate sheet of paper.
- Brief statement describing your quantitative training, skills and/or background that will make you a good fit for this program.
- Brief statement on why you will abide by standards of professional and ethical conduct in your time at PLU and in your career after PLU. Please reference your name on the page.
- Two letters of recommendation using the PLU Recommendation Form. Academic and/or professional recommendations may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 253-536-5136, or by mail to the above address.
In addition to the above requirements, international applicants must submit:
- Students applying with a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside the US must submit official transcripts in the original language as well as a certified English translation. Degree equivalency reports may be required on a case by case basis from a PLU approved evaluation service. Transcripts should be sent to the above address.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores. (TOEFL IBT minimum 88, IELTS minimum 6.5)
*(see international page here)
- Declaration of Finances Form.
- A copy of your passport photo page.
Note: The Declaration of Finances form is not required for your application to be considered for admission, but will be required prior to issuance of a the I-20 student visa document. To expedite admission processing, please consider submitting it with application documents. The Declaration of Finances form, as well as links to PLU approved transcript evaluation services may be found at www.plu.edu/graduate, under “International Students.”